What can IV Nutrient Therapy do for you?
Intravenous (IV) Nutritional Therapy is an efficient and effective way to deliver high concentrations of nutrients directly to the blood stream—bypassing physiological and pathological limitations of the digestive system.
Our team can help you decide which IV may be right for you or design a custom formula unique to your needs. Boost energy, heighten immunity, ease tension, speed recovery and so much more!
Why IV therapy? Why not just take oral vitamins/supplements?
Many people don’t absorb vitamins very well through their digestive system. Much of what you take orally never finds its way into your bloodstream, particularly if you have digestive troubles, or are taking medications. IV therapy helps to ensures that nutrients get to where they’re needed.
Your digestive system can have a hard time with high doses of vitamins. Taking large doses of vitamin C orally, for example, might upset your stomach—with IV therapy, your body can tolerate much higher (and more helpful) amounts.
Your body can access the nutrients better when they’re in your bloodstream, and that means IV’s can often give us better results, faster.
Modern IV Nutritional Therapy has its roots in the Myers cocktail—a mixture of vitamins and minerals created by Dr. John Myers MD and used it to treat a multitude of health conditions from anxiety to chronic fatigue.
IV Therapy Menu
At East Meets West Health Centre all IV treatments are overseen by a licensed Naturopathic Doctor.
- Restore depleted fluids, electrolytes and nutrients while flushing out toxins.
- A healthy and all-natural hangover prevention and recovery treatment
- Select nutrients including Vitamin C – designed to reduce symptom severity by stabilizing histamine release.
- For best results begin treatments a few weeks prior to allergy season.
- From aging eyes to macular degeneration.
- Formulated with a range of anti- oxidants to support healthy vision & eye health.
- Support your body’s natural repair processes for optimal surgical healing.
- A specially formulated IV designed to promote faster healing, enhance collagen growth, scar tissue prevention.
- Designed especially for those with digestive and malabsorption issues.
- Bypasses a damaged and inefficient digestive tract while providing vital nutrients and supporting tissue healing.
- Designed to nourish and rehydrate in order to promote optimal athletic performance and speed recovery.
- Vitamins, minerals and amino acids specially formulated for the higher nutrient needs of athletes.
- With too many vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and amino acids to list, this nutrient-packed infusion does it all
- Boost immunity, fight fatigue, and nourish the body with this all- encompassing IV infusion.
- Focused lipotropic factors and metabolic boosters to help burn fat for energy.
- Supports nutrient status and boosts energy during weight loss programs.
- Boost your energy with this B-Vitamin and amino acid packed infusion.
- A physical and mental pick-me-up to help get you back to being you.
- Formulated with Vitamin C and immune boosting vitamins and minerals to help you feel better faster.
- Infuse at the first signs of cold/flu to minimize symptoms.
- This super-concentrated, high dose formula helps alleviate the signs and symptoms of stress while decreasing fatigue and improving focus.
- The secret weapon to staying ahead of the competition.
- Concerned about your ability to take in nutrients? Not quite following your optimal diet?
- An all around nutrition support of essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
- A powerful combination of anti- oxidants, amino acids and age-defying nutrients to help turn back the clock.
- Quench free-radicals and nourish collagen to look and feel younger—from the inside out!
- Let our experts formulate a custom IV made just for you!
- Designed to optimize your unique nutrient needs and requirements.
Short on time? These compact infusions can help get you the boost you need and get you back to your day.
- Restore your energy and vitality by supporting a healthy stress response.
- High dose B vitamins to improve energy and nutrients to support adrenal function.
- Unwind with this special formulation designed to relax tight muscles, open up blood flow and ease tension.
- Whether it’s sport, stress, or otherwise this IV can help you relax and release.
- Boost energy, enhance immunity, support detoxification, and promote anti-aging.
- A formulation built around glutathione – the bodies master anti-oxidant!
- Formulated to help ease mental tension, calm the mind, balance mood and promote better sleep.
- Body and mind support for a demanding world.
- Charge up your immune system on-the- go.
- A compact and efficient formulation of vitamin C and immune boosting vitamins and minerals to help keep you healthy.
- Formulated with high-dose magnesium and hormone balancing ingredients to help you feel like yourself again.
- A girl’s best friend to help ease symptoms associated with hormonal imbalances.
- Help problem skin be less of a problem with this treatment for skin health.
- Focused nutrients to promote a healthy glowing complexion from the inside out.
- A smaller, faster version of our Skinny IV – still packed with lipotropic factors and metabolic boosters.
- Designed to support your weight-loss goals and get you back to your life.
- A special formulation designed to decrease the frequency and severity of migraines and headaches.
- Useful in both prevention and during acute attacks.
IM Therapy Menu
Intramuscular (IM) injections provide quick boosts of nutrients with a slower release to the blood stream.
- Get back outside
- Quick support to get you through allergy season.
- Fight stress and fatigue fast.
- B-vitamins and focused nutrients to support a healthy stress response.
- Weight-loss support on-the-go
- Lipotopic and metabolic boosts in a compact form
- The classic boost for body and mind
- When you need that extra boost of energy.
- Compact immune support
- Designed for fast or frequent immune boosts.
Healthcare with Heart
East Meets West’s integrated, multidisciplinary team enables us to provide comprehensive and individualized care to our patients.
IV Therapy Staff
DR. RYAN NAKAMA - BSC, ND
- Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience from the University of Lethbridge
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine from the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
- He is a member in good standing with the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors & the College of Naturopathic Doctors of Alberta.
IV Therapy FAQ
Does it hurt?
What is IV nutritional therapy?
IV nutritional therapy was pioneered by Dr. John Myers MD, over 50 years ago. Since then it has become a mainstay of treatment for many medical and naturopathic doctors and its use has been expanded to treat a variety of conditions.
What is a Myers’ Cocktail?
This formula provides the basis for many of the treatments we use in the clinic today. Modern research and clinical experience have opened the doors for a wide variety of formulations.
What are some common uses for IV therapy?
- Migraines and headaches
- Improved athletic performance and recovery
- Stress, fatigue, and energy production
- Colds, flu, and poor immune function—chronic or acute
- Injury/Surgical recovery
- IBS, Crohn’s, colitis, Celiac and other disorders that affect nutrient absorption thru the digestive tract
- Seasonal allergies
- Muscle cramps and tension
- PMS and menstrual pains
- Weight loss
- Dehydration and hangover recovery
Is it safe?
What should I expect?
Treatments most commonly take about 30 minutes in office but may take up to 90 minutes or longer depending on the type of IV prescribed. Treatment frequency varies and is dependant on a number of factors. It can range from weekly to monthly or as needed during times of high stress or immune challenge.
Throughout the process all IV patients will be evaluated and monitored by a liscensed Naturopathic Doctor. A thorough medical history is taken and certain lab test may be required.
How should I prepare?
Why not just take oral vitamins?
Even in healthy digestive tracts our bodies have mechanisms that limit how much of certain nutrients can be absorbed at one time or over the course of time. This limits how much of certain nutrients we can absorb no matter how much we ingest. In addition, our food supply does not provide the same nutrients it has in the past, while pesticides, toxins and food additives impair optimal digestion and absorption.
IV therapy allows for higher doses of nutrients than can achievable through diet or oral supplementation as well as higher blood concentrations of these nutrients. Certain vitamins and minerals have pharmacological functions at these higher concentrations.
IV therapy can boost nutritional resources quickly, improving energy and motivation while allowing diet, lifestyle and other interventions time to take effect.