How to Get the Best sleeps
Many women experience back pain during their pregnancy. Here are five tips to help minimize your back pain so you can get back to day to day life.
1. Exercise – Low impact cardiovascular activities like swimming, walking or stationary cycling can help relieve pain and maintain fitness. Be sure to consult a health care professional prior to starting a new exercise regime.
2. Sleep position – Sleeping on your left side can reduce pressure of your uterus on the large blood vessels in your abdomen which can optimize the blood flow the baby and you.
3. Pillow position – A pillow placed between your knees can alleviate the pressure off your lower back and hips when sleeping on your side.
4. Support your body – Remember to always wear flat and supportive shoe wear. Use a lumbar support pillow in your chair at home or at work. If you work at a desk or sit at a computer all day, walk around and stretch your legs for a few minutes each hour.
5. Take breaks – Take frequent short breaks throughout your day with your feet elevated. Adequate rest restores your energy and gives your body a chance to relax.
Use these tips to help minimize your pregnancy related back pain – and don’t hesitate to rely on your health care team to provide more help and tips personalized to you.